All general practitioners from the region Oost-Brabant jointly organize medical assistance outside business hours.
An operator specialised in medical triage will ask you several questions and provide further instructions depending on your health condition. More details below.
Need the doctor on-call? Dial 1733 first (standard local rate).
- Choose your language: press 4 for English
- Enter your postal code followed by a hashtag (#)
- The operator will ask you questions to determine where you can best be helped.
Dial 1733 for referral to the best care:
The operator may advise you to come to the out-of-hours medical center.
When their triage shows that you can come to the out-of-hours medical center, a team of several doctors is here to help you quickly. As a patient, it is in your best interest to come to the medical center yourself because waiting times for home visits can be very long.
A report of each consultation is sent to your GP.
In exceptional cases, the operator can send a doctor-on-call to your house.
Home visits will be done in case of a medical urgency, for which 6 exceptions were provided for in the medical protocols (palliative patients, residential care centers, ...).
A report will be made of every doctor's visit and will be sent to your personal GP.
The operator can send an ambulance.
If the situation appears to be serious or the doctor on-call cannot get to you in time, the operator will send an ambulance.
The operator may propose to wait until your personal doctor is available for consultation.
- During the week you can visit your own doctor during the day. If your symptoms worsen, please call back to 1733.
- No personal GP yet? Find a general practicioner on www.khobra.be.
Are you directed to the out-of-hours medical center?
What to bring?
- Your Electronic Identity Card (eID) - Kids-ID (or national registry number if your child does not have a Kids-ID). If we can check your insurability on the basis of your eID / kids-ID, all you have to pay is your personal share.
- Your anamnesis and a list of the drugs you are now taking.
- Attestations and insurance documents in case of an accident.
- Only electronic payment (no cash).
- Patients coming for a consultation may be accompanied by up to 1 companion.
Also have these documents ready when the doctor comes for a home visit!
By car to the out-of-hours medical center?
PARKING: Q Parking Heilig Hart Leuven
People with limited mobility can be dropped off in front of the out-of-hours medical center. (kiss&ride zone)
- All our consultations are payable immediately. If this is not possible or if the guard doctor visits you at home, you will receive a payment invitation from us.
- The official convention rates will be applied. If we can check your insurability on the basis of your eID / kids-ID or ISI+, all you have to pay is your personal share.
- Were you assigned a home visit by 1733, but you want to cancel the home visit? Call 1733 again, if not you will receive an invoice.
Patients registered in a community health care centre:
- Please inform the reception or the doctor on call to which community health centre you belong.
- Then you pay only your personal share at the reception.
- The rest of the fee is invoiced to your local healthcare centre.
Your personal GP will receive an electronic report. In this way, your global medical record remains complete. Your personal GP is aware of your medical developments and, when necessary, continues treatment.
No medical advise over the phone
We do not give medical advice over the phone.
Due to the size of the region waiting times for a home visit can be substantial. It is in your own interest to come to the out-of-hours medical center where a team of doctors is available to provide you with the most urgently needed medical care.
Only electronic payment.
For your safety and ours, since 22/11/2019, you can only pay electronically. The official rates will be applied.